Working with Trauma & PTSD
Date: Friday 2nd March 2018, Friday 9th March 2018, Saturday 10th March 2018, Friday 23rd March 2018
Time: 10am until 4pm
Location: The Counselling and Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA15 9RP
Penny Bullock. MBACP (Snr. Accred.), MSc Psychological Trauma (distinction), Post-Graduate Certificate in Counselling Supervision. Penny has worked as a senior counsellor within the NHS for 15 years, working with both adults and young people. She currently specialises in trauma work and has an interest in research. Penny has been a Supervisor for over 10 years working for different agencies and in private practice.
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for qualified counsellors and psychotherapists.
(This is a non-accredited programme that will deepen the understanding of trauma and its impact and develop further skills in working with people affected by trauma and PTSD.).
Aim of the course:
- To explore the historical context for PTSD
- To have an overview of different psychological models for PTSD
- To understand the psychological, physiological and neurological processes associated with PTSD
- To learn how to respond therapeutically to trauma presentations and incorporate a framework that can be adapted within your therapeutic approach
- To understand how to work with complex trauma: working with survivors of abuse, introduction to dissociation.
- To explore cultural issues.
- To experience relaxation and visualisation techniques that can be used when working with trauma.
- To be aware of safety and timing in trauma work and understanding indicators of recovery and resolution.
- To experience creative approaches in trauma work.
- Time for self-reflection and casework reflection.
- Supervision and self-care.
Continuing Professional Development hours 24 hours
To book the course please call: 0161 941 7754
Non-invoice bookings: 25% of the total cost is payable on booking to secure a place.
The remaining 75% is payable 14 days before the start of the course. Deposit non-refundable.
Cheque: please make payable to The Counselling & Family Centre. Card: please telephone 0161 941 7754 to make a card payment. BACS payment – Co-operative Bank:
Account Name: The Counselling and Family Centre
Sort Code: 089299.
Account No: 65381214.
Invoice Only: please give details of whom & where to send to. Full payment required to secure booking. 75% refundable in cases of cancellation if cancelled more than 14 days before course date.
Tea and coffee provided. Please bring a packed lunch
For further information or to book the course please call: 0161 941 7754 or email: email@example.com