Domestic Abuse Awareness
Date: Friday 26th January 2018
Time: 10am until 4pm
Location: The Counselling and Family Centre, 40 Mayors Road, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA15 9RP
Kirsty McAllister & Sian Parker. Kirsty is the Services Manager at Trafford Domestic Abuse Services (TDAS) and Sian is the Children and Young Persons’ Co-ordinator at TDAS.
Who is the course for?
Counsellors, Psychotherapists or anyone working in a role supporting people affected by domestic abuse.
Aim of course
To have greater awareness and understanding of domestic abuse and its effect on both adults and children
- An overview of the tactics and effects of domestic abuse on victims
- Awareness of the effects of domestic abuse on children
- Understanding why people stay in abusive relationships
- Understanding why people are abusive
- Looking at the warning signs.
- Looking at the law and Clare’s Law in particular.
- Looking at the role of the MARAC.
- Understanding how to deal with a disclosure or a suspicion of domestic abuse as a professional.
- How to keep safe as a professional working with someone experiencing domestic abuse.
Continuing Professional Development hours 6 hours
To book the course please call: 0161 941 7754
Non-invoice bookings: 25% of the total cost is payable on booking to secure a place.
The remaining 75% is payable 14 days before the start of the course. Deposit non-refundable.
Cheque: please make payable to The Counselling & Family Centre. Card: please telephone 0161 941 7754 to make a card payment. BACS payment – Co-operative Bank:
Account Name: The Counselling and Family Centre
Sort Code: 089299.
Account No: 65381214.
Invoice Only: please give details of whom & where to send to. Full payment required to secure booking. 75% refundable in cases of cancellation if cancelled more than 14 days before course date.
Tea and coffee provided. Please bring a packed lunch
For further information or to book the course please call: 0161 941 7754 or email: email@example.com